Diagnostic Technician Essentials
Want to excel in the field of automotive diagnostics?
Well, Diagnostic Tech Essentials is the training for you. We’ve designed the training to equip technicians with the essential skills and knowledge to diagnose electrical issues quickly and accurately.
Staying ahead of the curve is crucial in today’s fast-paced and ever-evolving automotive industry. That’s why we’ve designed our courses to give you a comprehensive understanding of testing and fault-finding in modern automotive electrical circuits. You’ll learn the latest tests, techniques, and best practices to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to stay ahead of the competition.
The four-part series of face-to-face training is led by our expert instructors, who will guide you through hands-on practical tasks where you will learn how to identify and isolate electrical issues.
Each part of the series is one day of training. You can attend all four days at once or book each day separately. Contact us to find a solution that suits your needs – whether it’s a bespoke event for you and your team, or a payment plan to help you manage the costs, we’re here to help.
Per Candidate, Per Day
Per Candidate, All Four Days
(Payment plans available)
|1-4 August||OVA HQ – Shropshire|
|5-8 Sept||OVA HQ – Shropshire|
|12-15 Sept||OVA HQ – Shropshire|
|10-13 October||OVA HQ – Shropshire|
|7-10 November||Rutherglen – Scotland|
|21-24 November||OVA HQ – Shropshire|
|28 Nov – 1 December||Brands Hatch – Kent|
|5-8 December||OVA HQ – Shropshire|
Part one of the series covers Electrical Testing Essentials, where you will learn the fundamentals of electrical testing and how to use the right tools to test electrical circuits effectively. You’ll get hands-on experience and expert guidance in identifying faults, measuring voltages, and diagnosing electrical problems like a pro.
- Test circuits with confidence.
- Maximise your multimeter skills.
- Diagnose issues with sensors, actuators, and power supply circuits.
- Learn to decipher wiring diagrams.
In part two of the series covers Electrical Diagnosis Techniques, you’ll learn to troubleshoot sensor, actuator, and power supply circuits quickly and effectively. By the end of this course, you’ll have the confidence and skills to tackle all kinds of electrical issues.
- Develop a diagnostic process.
- Interpret fault codes and their descriptions.
- Practise quick and effective testing techniques.
- Learn how to bypass and simulate circuits in addition to other diagnostic techniques.
In part three, Picoscope Essentials, you’ll discover the power of Picoscope – one of the leading diagnostic tool used by automotive professionals worldwide. You’ll learn to set up and use Picoscope to capture and analyse waveforms. Our expert trainers will show you all their tips and tricks for diagnosing issues in the field. After the course, you’ll be as confident with the Picoscope as with a 10mm spanner!
- Learn how to set up and capture quickly.
- Take home time-saving methods and techniques.
- Pinpoint problems through measuring and analysing waveforms.
- Find out our top tips for using Picoscope functions and features in the field.
Part four of the series covers Vehicle Network Essentials, where you’ll learn how to diagnose and repair faults in modern vehicle networks, including CAN and LIN. You’ll learn to use tests and techniques to identify and isolate even the trickiest of issues. Throughout the course, you’ll build trust in the methods and be raring to tackle the next issue that comes your way!
- Learn how to identify and test networks.
- Isolate issues and pinpoint failures with ease.
- Practise strategic and simple test methods.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of vehicle networks.
By the end of the Diagnostic Technician Essentials series, technicians will have the knowledge and skills needed to confidently test and diagnose various electrical systems in modern vehicles. Enrol now and take the first step towards becoming a confident and skilled automotive diagnostics technician!
You can attend all four days at once or book each day separately. Contact us to find a solution that suits your needs.
- Book all four parts of the series and receive a discount.
- Multiple events run throughout the year, so you don’t need to attend them all in the same week.
- We can come to you – whether you’re a workshop, college, or any other technical facility, we have a solution for you!
The most important thing you will take away is the ability to do the essentials well. You will be able to diagnose electrical faults more confidently and efficiently. On top of that, there are a few more benefits that are worth considering:
- Increase your earning potential.
- Become a sought-after service provider.
- Stay ahead of the competition.
- Access to a community of like-minded professionals.
- Gain the knowledge and skills to future-proof you and your business.
What you’ll get:
- A comprehensive workbook and notes.
- A memory stick with your captured waveforms.
- A bunch of new skills and knowledge to power up your business.
- And, of course, a Diagnostic Tech Essentials sticker and badge for those who complete all four parts.
During the Diagnostic Technician Essentials series, you’ll discover the power of Picoscope – one of the leading diagnostic tools used by automotive professionals worldwide. With testing and measurement being at the centre of diagnostics, it was only right we partnered with a company leading the way in this area. The Diagnostic Technician Essential series utilises the latest kit and accessories from Pico Technology. Many thanks to the Pico Automotive team for their ongoing support.