EV MASTERS ROADSHOW
OVA Live is coming to a training centre near you…….
Using IMI’s Award in the Diagnosis, Testing and Repair of Electric Hybrid Vehicles and Components as a foundation, ‘EV Masters’ is a course which will supercharge your electric vehicle diagnostic skills.
Over four days, you will be fully immersed in the practical diagnosis of hybrid and electric vehicles. The time spent in the classroom will be kept to a minimum, whereas the time spent in the workshop, working on real cars, will be maximised through our unique learning techniques.
Not only will this learning experience provide successful candidates with an IMI level 4 Award in the Diagnosis, Testing and Repair of Electric/Hybrid Vehicles and Components (OFQUAL ID 601/0975/1), but it will also, and most importantly, give you the skills, knowledge, and confidence to undertake the diagnosis and associated repairs of electrified vehicles.
Our Virtual Academy is proud to partner with HEVRA in the continuous development of EV Masters due to their unrivalled experience in the diagnosis and repair of electrified vehicles. Many thanks go out to HEVRA for their ongoing support.
With testing and measurement being at the centre of EV diagnostics, it was only right we partnered with a company leading the way in this area. EV Masters utilises the latest EV kit and accessories from Pico Technology. Many thanks to the Pico Automotive team for their ongoing support.
During the course, you will study the function, operation and diagnosis of the following systems (and much more):
- Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Powertrain Management – Sensors, Actuators, and Control Methods.
- Charging Systems – Cables, Connections, Communication Protocols.
- Battery Management Systems – Operating States, Failure Modes, Monitoring Systems, Thermal Management.
- Battery Diagnosis and Repair – Live Work and Analysis.
- Hybrid/Electric Vehicle Safety and Protection Systems – Interlock, Isolation, Insulation, and Bonding Circuits.
- a whole host of knowledge and practical skills.
- a snazzy EV MASTERS badge and sticker.
- an OVA EV Masters certificate.
- an IMI L4 certificate OFQUAL ID 601/0975/1.
- 3 months free access to the advanced hybrid and electric content on OurVirtualAcademy.com
- Candidates MUST already have achieved the Level 3 Award in Electric Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement (or an equivalent industry qualification).
|Church Stretton||8 – 11 Aug 2023|
|Brands Hatch||10 – 13 Oct 2023|
|Church Stretton||31 Oct – 3 Nov 2023|
|Rutherglen||14 – 17 Nov 2023|
|Inverness||21 – 24 Nov 2023|
|Walsall||19 – 22 Dec 2023|
The purpose and aim of this qualification is to provide technicians who maintain and repair electric/hybrid vehicles with the knowledge and skills required to work on live high voltage vehicle electrical components and associated systems.
This qualification has been developed in close liaison with industry specialists, electric vehicle manufacturers, training providers, the health and safety executive and the IMI Sector Skills Council. This is the first qualification of its kind to address working on live electric/hybrid vehicle high voltage systems and components. The qualification is essential to ensure the health and safety of individuals working on electric/hybrid vehicles. On completion of this qualification, technicians will be able to practically demonstrate that they have the skills required for repairing high voltage vehicle systems and components.
As an IMI Approved Centre, IMI regularly audit Our Virtual Academy to ensure we have all of the necessary arrangements and resources in place to ensure effective delivery, assessment and quality assurance of the various nationally recognised qualifications and accreditations we deliver. As part of the IMI’s ongoing monitoring, all members of our training and assessment team have to show occupational competence, prove their qualifications and maintain continuous professional development. Our Virtual Academy is very proud to be assisting the IMI in raising the standards throughout the motor industry.